Bushfire Victims Claims
- Often bushfires occur because of the negligence of another party.
- The bushfire may have been caused, for instance, by the inappropriate use of machinery, a burning off operation gone wrong, or a problem with the maintenance of overhead powerlines.
- If you have been burnt out because of the negligent action of another party, you would be entitled to bring a claim for damages.
- Tim Abbott has acted for many victims of bushfires over the years.
- In recent times he has successfully concluded claims for the victims of the Holbrook/Humula fires which caused a large amount of damage to farmers in that area.
- Tim’s farming background is of great assistance in understanding the losses that people suffer as a consequence of being burnt out.
- Losses include things such as agistment fodder, fencing, clearing, loss of pasture, and loss of stock.
- It sometimes it takes years to get over the effects of a bushfire in terms of in terms of resowing of pastures and replacing or repairing infrastructure.
- These types of claims are inevitably paid out by an insurance company as fortuitously most entities or parties, including farmers, have public liability insurance.
- Tim consults with expert agricultural consultants who know how to maximise any claims that are brought.
- Tim will undertake any bushfire claim on the basis that he will not charge any fees unless the claim is successfully concluded, and only when that occurs.
- If you have suffered damage as a consequence of a fire entering on your property, make an appointment to see Tim as he won’t charge you a fee for any initial consultation.
Phone Tim on (02) 69268 268