Work Injury Claims
- If you are injured at work, and it doesn’t matter how the accident or injury occurred, you will be entitled to compensation.
- In New South Wales currently, the Workplace Injury Management Workers Compensation Act 1998 sets out the compensation that you may be entitled to.
- This area of law is very complex.
- Tim Abbott has been acting for injured workers for over 35 years and because of his experience, knows how to extract the best result from the insurance companies.
- The definition of injury is very broad.
- If you are suffering any medical condition which you believe may be related to your work conditions, then it is important that you come and see Tim Abbott as soon as possible.
- Unfortunately for many there are conditions which develop over time such as bad backs or respiratory symptoms caused by dust, psychological problems caused by trauma or related incidents at work that well entitle you to compensation.
- Like all areas of personal injury, there are time limits that apply in some instances, so it is important that you see Tim Abbott as soon as possible.
- Tim does not charge legal fees in many work related injury compensation claims as these are usually paid by WorkCover.
- In some instances you may be entitled to bring a claim for lump sum damages if you are seriously hurt and your employer is negligent. Again, this is a highly complex area and you need a specialist solicitor such as Tim.
- If you have suffered any injury at work and are doubtful about any entitlements you may or may not be receiving, it is important that you come and see Tim.
- He will not charge for giving you advice about your particular concerns at any first consultation.
- Don’t be left in the dark and certainly do not accept any offer from an insurance company to pay you any money without seeking legal assistance.
- Regrettably sometimes an injury at work leads to their death. This may not be because of some dreadful accident. It could have been caused, for instance, by sun exposure at work over time leading to melanoma or contact with asbestos leading to mesothelioma.
- If a spouse or relative has died because of any work related injury, you need to come and see Tim Abbott and talk about it as there are very significant lump sum claims that can be brought and are payable to dependants or estates of the deceased.
Phone Tim on (02) 69268 268