Total and Permanent Disablement Claims

  • If you become incapacitated for work for whatever reason, you may be able to make a claim for loss of your income the superannuation fund into which your employer pays your compulsory superannuation entitlements may have insured you for income protection in the event that you are unable to work.
  • If income protection is covered, your entitlement to bring a claim will be in addition to any other entitlement that you might have because of your incapacity, ie. workers compensation or other damages.
  • The definition of Permanent Disability varies greatly from policy to policy.
  • It is wise, prior to making any claim for total and permanent disablement, that you seek legal advice and our Mr Tim Abbott is very experienced in the making of such claims.
  • If the claim is not accepted, and we believe it should have been, we will then seek your instructions to issue proceedings against the insurance company for recovery of any income protection benefits that we consider are payable.
If you attend on Tim he will investigate thoroughly:
  • Whether your superannuation fund has income protection;
  • Will check carefully the wording of the policy to see whether you are eligible to make a claim;
  • Obtain any required medical support for an application;
  • Assist you with completion of the claim form and lodgement with the insurance company.

Tim will not charge for any initial free consultation, so please phone him on (02) 69268 268 and make an appointment.